I’ve lived in Auckland since June 2012 and since then I’ve been trying to see as much of New Zealand as I can so when I managed to bag some time off work just after Easter in March my friends and I decided to take a short 4 day trip to Queenstown. We decided to [...]
I’ve talked so much about how much I love living in the city in Auckland that half the time you’re ...
It started happening as soon as I began telling people I was having a weekend in Raglan with 3 friends; ...
I doubled over on the brown leather chair of the waiting room as the pain in my stomach returned and ...
I’ve talked so much about how much I love living in the city in Auckland that half the time you’re probably sat there wondering if I ever actually, you know, leave the city. I’m pleased to report that I do! So many people pass by Auckland without really exploring any of the suburbs, the islands [...]
It started happening as soon as I began telling people I was having a weekend in Raglan with 3 friends; Are you going to go surfing? Omigod you have to go surfing! Raglan’s amazing for surfing! Me? Surfing? Really? Erm…. I thought back to the surf lessons I’d had in Australia; the ones where I’d [...]
I doubled over on the brown leather chair of the waiting room as the pain in my stomach returned and took a sip of water from the bottle I’d been nursing since spending the flight from Melbourne to Singapore throwing up. “Boarding pass!” The lady who’d driven me from arrivals in the airport car was [...]
I see them in the street way before one of them tries to shove a flyer in my hand. They’re all wearing black t-shirts with the logo of a photography exhibition currently showing (and soon to be finishing) at Auckland Art Gallery emblazoned on the front. I’m jet lagged; putting one foot in front of [...]
It happens at 40,000 feet on 7th February, somewhere between Melbourne and Singapore. I double over, kneel on the carpeted floor of the back of the plane, wipe away the tears that have found their way onto my cheeks and throw up into the white paper bag I’ve been hyperventilating into for the past two [...]
As is rapidly becoming the case on all of my travels, when I visited Orakei Korako geothermal park in Reporoa in between leaving Taupo and arriving in Rotorua I had no idea what to expect. I don’t know what it is, I guess I just like to be surprised. Or under-prepared. One of the two. [...]
By the time you read this it will be February 7th and I won’t be in New Zealand anymore. Maybe I’ll be sleeping, or reading the new paperback I bought or doing everything in my power to drown out the cries of a small child 3 rows in front. I’ll be on a plane home, [...]
A lot of people think I saved up a huge sum of money before I started travelling. Truth? I didn’t. It wasn’t even possible. The idea of starting my travels in Australia came about at the very beginning of January 2010. I left England in June 2010; 6 months is not a lot of time [...]
This is a guest post from the lovely Lillian from Travel Armadillo. I was lucky enough to see kangaroos, snakes, penguins and dingos in their natural habitat during the 2 years I spent in Australia and Lillian’s written us an awesome guest post on the best places to spot Australia’s wildlife in the wild for [...]
Have I told you lately how much I love living in Auckland? And it’s not just because I kinda ‘found myself’ here or because I’ve made friends here or the fact that I love my apartment. I didn’t like Auckland when I first arrived. I didn’t even want to. But I’ve grown to love so [...]
I left my Marketing job in the UK in 2010 and have been living, working and travelling round the world ever since. I spent 2 years working and travelling in Australia and now I'm in New Zealand doing it all over again!
Where am I now?
- Your Travel Dreams And The Opinions You Shouldn’t Listen To July 12, 2012
- And Then There Was One October 15, 2012
- That Time I Wasn’t Allowed Back On a Plane in Singapore February 25, 2013
- Things I Like (And Don’t Like) About Auckland August 13, 2012
- Brisbane; The Good, The Bad And The Breakdown April 9, 2012
- Hostel Review: Nomads Queenstown April 18, 2013
- Make a Pilgrimage to These Balinese Temples Whilst Travelling March 22, 2013
- Sizzling Summer Escapes: Crete March 22, 2013
- Four Iconic Things To Do When You Visit Vietnam March 18, 2013
- What You Might Not Realise About Working Long-Distance March 18, 2013
- fotoeins | Henry: Wow, Bev, that was intense, but I was happy to rea...
- Digital Nomads: OMG, this is so touching! The world is still f...
- Ryan: The reason I wrote so much for Nomads Hostels is b...
- Matt | Operation421: Fantastic article! As a group of people who are in...
- Matt | Operation421: I'm a firm believer that good still exists in hum...