The Colours of Dublin

“Colours are life.”
― Chuma Nwokolo, The Ghost of Sani Abacha

There’s a few things I’m a complete sucker for when I’m travelling: buildings, bridges and colour.  It wasn’t always this way though.  Actually, if I’m being completely honest with you, when I first started travelling I would hardly notice these things.

I’d go to a gorgeous beach side town, only to spend the majority of the day facing the ocean, never once realising that the character of the place would lie in it’s brightly painted shop fronts, the walls covered in graffiti, the detailed cornices of the old houses lining the residential streets away from the tourist spots.

Walking around Dublin, the buildings and bridges had me at hello.  It was the colours of the city, though, that really had me head over heels.

The colours of Dublin

Temple Bar, DublinLoopline Brdige, DublinGrafitti, DublinAuld Dubliner, DublinStreet art, DublinRed doors, Temple Bar, DublinStreet art DublinComet Records street art, DublinGrafitti, DublinOrange leaves, DublinWicklow, DublinChurch with red door, DublinDublinyellow shop dublin

What do you look for when you’re travelling?  Colour, architecture, or something else?

A huge thank you to Ireland.com and Failte Ireland for inviting me to Dublin for The Bram Stoker Festival.  All photographs and opinions are my own.

, , , ,

10 Responses to The Colours of Dublin

1. Rebecca January 23, 2014 at 11:33 pm #

some great shots and beautiful colours… says a lot about the feel of a city
    Rebecca recently posted..Trevi FountainMy Profile

2. Tiffany January 24, 2014 at 3:56 am #

Love the street art! I really hope I make it to Dublin sometime, I hear great things about it.
    Tiffany recently posted..The Time I got Stranded in a Sand SeaMy Profile

• Beverley January 26, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

It’s awesome isn’t it! I didn’t expect to see much street art in Dublin but, turns out, it’s everywhere :)

3. Corinne January 24, 2014 at 9:28 am #

Love the colors…Love Dublin.
    Corinne recently posted..Durian – Stinky Fruit or a Must-have Delicacy?My Profile

4. Arianwen January 25, 2014 at 5:09 am #

Very pretty! I used to be the same. The only photos I have from when I was younger are of me and my travelling companions pulling the same pose and expression in front of each view! It’s much more fun to seek out interesting shapes and colours and practice your photography skills. I want to go to Dublin!
    Arianwen recently posted..10 Ayers Rock FactsMy Profile

• Beverley January 26, 2014 at 6:45 pm #

I just have beach, sunset, beach, ocean, beach, repeat! It’s terrible! Obviously having those photographs is great but I wish I’d taken the time to notice other stuff too. I would totally recommend Dublin, you’d love it!

5. Elle Croft January 27, 2014 at 11:10 pm #

I am also a fan of colour, but I am completely obsessed with photographing doors and windows. I just can’t get enough.
    Elle Croft recently posted..Most stylish flight attendantsMy Profile

6. Kadri March 1, 2014 at 5:20 am #

I love street art, and Dublin is one good place where see that. Great pictures.
    Kadri recently posted..Thai People – They Like to Do Everything for YouMy Profile